Friday, October 5, 2012

The "Santa Cam"

We don’t tell ‘lies’ around our house, we do, however, often tell some “tall tales”.  (Whatever, don’t judge, the “tall tales” vs. lies makes me feel better).

On our recent family trip to Las Vegas (this isn’t posted to discuss the merits of whether “Family” and “Las Vegas” are massive contradictions), my husband pointed out that all of the cameras in the ceilings.  “A” misunderstood, and thought he was pointing out all of the ‘sprinklers’.  We head into our room, and A points out all of the cameras in there too.  We roll with it, behaviors and the ‘craziness’ seemed to wander away when we could point out that someone else was watching.

Last night, over dinner, I’m rushing around cooking dinner, setting the table, feeding C, putting bottles and b’milk away, and cleaning up a broken glass (all within 15 minutes) and A ends up kicking her sister.  I told her to apologize, she had a little fit and then all of a sudden looks up and yells, “Mommy!  There are cameras here too!”, I looked up and said, “wow, I’ve never noticed that, good eye, A!  I bet they are Santa Cams! OH no, Santa just saw you kick O!!! What do you need to do?”  She looks up, doesn’t skip a beat and says “Sorry Santa!”.  I corrected her and said she needs to apologize to O, not Santa. 

Daddy gets home, and A and O start yelling at him, “Daddy, Daddy!  There are Santa Cams all over the place!”  Confused, he looks to me for direction.  I just whispered “the sprinklers…”

The next hour after dinner is spent wandering throughout the house,
“Mommy, there is a camera in the bathroom!”  “A, I bet that is so he can see if you wash your hands and flush when you’re done!” 
“Mommy, there is one in the toy closet!”  “I bet that is so he can see if it is messy!”
You get the idea, we have LOTS of sprinklers in our house…

So fess up, what ‘tall tales’ do you tell around your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment