Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Restaurant

I’m quite positive it would be a hard task to find grandparents better than we have: for my parents:  before retirement, my mom spent a great deal of her vacation time coming out to help us in one way or another, a few weeks after my last two babies were born. My dad has changed more  diapers on my kids than he did on his own, when they are visiting, they are like extensions of us and swing into our family so well, they help out with household tasks and do fun adventures with the kids.  For my husband’s parents, they jump in when we are back visiting and host some great adventures with the cousins, and provide some quality cuddle time.  My mother in law has that crafty gene that I just didn't get and the girls love their activities with her.  My father in law has tickets to the MN Gophers basketball- need I say more?

This summer, my mom spent nearly 7 weeks with some combinations of my kids. It was awesome (grandpa spent a few of those weeks too, but he had to work.  J )  Mom came out to help my husband cover when I had an event across the country and then spent a lot of one on one time with the girls doing Grandma and girl dates, and then the girls spent nearly 2 weeks with both of my parents back in MN.  They had a great trip, and hopefully an annual one- they got to do awesome grandma and grandpa type activities. When I went to stay with them and finish out the trip with my youngest, C, I truly think they had grown up a lot during those two weeks.

With 3 young children, one of the things we don’t do very often is eat in restaurants.  To me, it not worth the hassle for all of the work while there.  However, with all of the time with Gma and Gpa, they got to eat out a lot- and they loved it.  My favorite part of their return to “real life” as I call is was during our first meal.  A sits down at the table and says: “ Mommy, I’d like to order a grilled cheese, some apple sauce and Chocolate Milk, light on the chocolate”.  O “I’d like Pizza and grapes!”.  Me “Sorry, my friends, the restaurant is now closed.  Tonight we’re having Chicken, peas and white milk.”. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello friends, nice post and nice urging commented at this place, I am in fact enjoying by these.Youtube Subscribers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is really incredible, one of the most helpful I have ever read, indeed. Buy Instagram Followers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting! I enjoyed reading your great post.Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have shared here. Buy Youtube Views

    ReplyDelete