Friday, November 2, 2012

Bible Stories


C and O were baptized this summer while we were back visiting MN.  O received a children’s bible as a gift.  I thought it would be a great idea for us to finally start going to Sunday school and reading a bible story each night before bed.  A seems to be paying fairly good attention to the stories each night, but I wasn’t sure what O was learning until a night two weeks ago when A was sick and already asleep.  O and I read the story together, and said our prayer together and I told her we were all done.  She looks at me and says, “Ok mommy, I’ll read one to you”.  O:  “God saved the people from the mean people in the castle.  Then the people crossed the sea.  Then they all lived happily ever after”.  Sounds about right.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it amazes me what our children take-in without us even realizing it! I love O's summary of the story of the Israelites. It does sound about right; she can get the details later.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete